Monday, May 10, 2010

Spoiler Dilemma

I'm never sure how much new information I want to look at when spoilers pop up.

Looking at new class abilities and talents isn't something I avoid; mechanics that I would be reading in game are something I do like to learn about early, so I can have a better understanding of them when the time comes to use them.

It's visuals that I don't like to get early. I love the moments of awe when you see new graphics, animations and spell effects and you think that's cool.

But even knowing the types of things I do and don't want to see early, it's hard not to look at it all. Part of this is because I got an invite for Wrath when it was in beta, and wanted to enjoy the excitement of that; I adapted myself to spoilers! And as a result, the release of Wrath wasn't quite as cool as for Burning Crusade. I don't want the same thing to happen for Cataclysm... but I've already looked at tons of screenshots, because I didn't think about waiting.

So though I've decided now to look at fewer spoilers, there's still one problem. I do want to know what things are changing from old Azeroth, to appease my nostalgia. On one hand I want it to be a surprise for what they change, and on the other I want to get used to the idea of certain things no longer being there. But then it wouldn't be cataclysmic, now would it? Hm.

One thing I won't be holding back on is female worgen. Srsly. For how much else is done already, you'd think the female worgen would be a little more complete. I'll be changing my human mage into a worgen once they allow that edit, which I'm guessing to be at least 3 months after the expansion is released, if not a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment