Friday, April 16, 2010

Two Awesome Things!

Yesterday, as most of you will know, Blizzard released a new in-game pet to their online store. Normally I'm not one to jump at buying their pets; however... I love XT-002! He's such a cool boss idea, and when my boyfriend mentioned they'd finally released it, it didn't take me long to get into the queue. :)

But that's only awesome-thing-1. No, awesome-thing-2 is not the new mount (though it is very pretty, I did not buy it).

It's my new tanking shield!
It doesn't look all that magnificent, but I've been running regular Halls of Reflection FOREVER to get the Splintered Door of the Citadel (replacing the Royal Crest of Lordaeron).

I've been in tons of groups where healers and dps left the group after the shield didn't drop, because that's all they were there for. It's all I was there for, but I never had the intention of leaving the whole group behind because the RNG wasn't going my way.

I even saw it drop once, but the dps warrior outrolled me for it because he "tanks for his guild". That was frustrating.

And today seemed like any other day. Another group with a potential shield-rolling participant. However, on the 6th pull, the death knight randomly drops out mid-fight, then the healer followed suit. I thought it strange since everything was going well. It lead to a wipe on the 7th, and after waiting in the replacement queue for a few minutes, the remaining dps left too.

But one of my friends had just joined the group to come heal, and then my boyfriend said he'd bring his super-dps pally. I thought, this is great! Lots of potential competition is being eliminated. We waited around for a bit, but the queue still wasn't bringing us any new party members.

So I thought, well... we could probably 3-man this. The guys were up for trying, and I was excited at the challenge. We got through pretty easily, and, you guessed it... my shield dropped! :D It was the best HoR ever.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean that shield doesn't look all that magnificent? It is *beautiful* in my opinion! But perhaps I haven't really gotten the chance to see anything truly magnificent, being my level 38 self =P

    It's a great feeling when luck just goes your way and you get a chance to show off your skills with the people close to you. I always feel much more satisfied doing a dungeon with guild-mates than some random blokes from other servers.

    I just recently began playing this game and joined Single Abstract Noun about two weeks ago, but it's been really great so far! I'm excited to see all my fellow guild-mates blogs and was even inspired to start my own, though it's not so much a blog as an illustrated version of the fantasy novel I'm working on with a friend, starring Amelia.

    I don't know if we've had a chance to hang out in-game yet, but perhaps soon!

    Oh just one more question - how did you get that nice little visitors counter on your sidebar? I was looking for something very simple and inoffensive like that, but I got absolutely lost trying to find it!

    Best wishes, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have seen her on that pet. It was like "Hey they release thos- oh you're there already." She really likes it. Also you are welcome for the super-DPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amelia,

    Welcome to the game and the guild! Glad you're enjoying it. If you ever need help with something, let me know and I'd be glad to help. I haven't had the chance to hang around with SAN recently, but I should be joining the fun again soon! Hopefully I'll see you around.

    I agree, running instances with friends is always much more fun. :) The dungeon finder is a great little tool for when they're not around though!

    Is your blog on the guild blog list? I'd love to read it. :)

    I got my counter from www.digits.com. It's pretty easy to create and completely free.

    Happy days,
    Desukar

    ReplyDelete